Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - Keep Your Receipt

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Wednesday's Word - Keep Your Receipt

Hello All,

I guess I'm still feeling the Resurrection Spirit from Easter, so bear with me. Kinda odd that just today I was reading over an article in which Jim Cazviel, thy guy who played Jesus in 'The Passion of The Christ', was talking about how that role has pretty much ruined his career. He went on to say he wouldn't have had it any other way saying 'We all have to embrace our crosses.' Remember when you first saw that movie? I remember talking to someone about how graphic it would be and I mentioned that for me, it would give me some idea of how much it cost to buy me out of the hands of Hell and death.

Here's the word;

Psalm 49 : 6 - 8(a) Even those who trust in their wealth And boast in the abundance of their riches? 7 No man can by any means redeem his brother Or give to God a ransom for him-- 8 For the redemption of his soul is costly,...

How costly.

Not only did He have to be a perfect, spotless, sacrifice - He couldn't simply die in His sleep- He HAD to be crushed, bruised and beaten- then killed. Isaiah 53:5 shows us the severity of the charge we couldn't pay.
But the best part of this "Great Exchange" - is that in the purchase of your redemption, you get the receipt. And we give outward evidence that we have the receipt:

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

When I think of all the things that people spend their fortunes on, I can't imagine for one second that any of them would subject themselves to even half of what Christ went through to purchase us to glorify His Father to keep that stuff. And its not for my self-esteem or anything like that - Its about Christ and Him glorified. So how can you respond to such a precious thing?
I know... you can keep your receipt.


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home