Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - Working Your Abs

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Wednesday's Word - Working Your Abs

Hello All,
Ever notice when you first work out after a long hiatus - things hurt a little more than usual? Amazing how that concept carries over to the spiritual (to some degree). I would suggest that you put it to the test, but I just can't convince myself to recommend that you not give, not take time for devotional or to hold back from doing any other thing that benefits your spiritual well-being. Well hopefully today's work out won't having your abs aching tomorrow. Hopefully you'll be able to share your exercise tips with me to strengthen my abs. Hopefully your abs are so impressive, that you're an inspiration for those around you to wanna tighten up their abs - am I done hoping yet? Not hardly but let's get on with it.

First Ab workout: Abide

Here's the Word:

James 1:25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

1 John 2:24 As for you, let that abide in you which you heard from the beginning. If what you heard from the beginning abides in you, you also will abide in the Son and in the Father.

Second Ab workout: Abstain


1 Thessalonians 5:22
abstain from every form of evil.

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless, the firm foundation of God stands, having this seal, " The Lord knows those who are His," and, " Everyone who names the name of the Lord is to abstain from wickedness."

Now wickedness and evil ain't just the really bad stuff. I could be wrong but I suspect these are the things listed BEFORE the fruit of the Spirit :

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Now when you can rid yourself of these annoyances - that's when you know you're getting a real GOOD AB workout

The relationship between these two "Ab" exercises is that they require active participation on your part. There's no magic pill or no battery powered gizmo that you can attach to yourself that will give your abs the result that only good ol' spiritual stamina and all out determination can produce. The beauty of this relationship is that the more you do one, the more you're able to do the other. The more you abstain, the easier it is to abide. The more you abide, the more efficient you become at abstaining. And with the promise of blessing that comes from abiding - now that's the kind of exercise results we're all looking for right? ABSOLUTELY!

In Him,
Cros

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD ONE BRUH. I CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON YOU TO GET MY BRAIN GOING

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man! after that ab workout, I feel like the coach is making me do the death crawl with a 150 pound man on my back and the coach is screaming at me to go just 10 more yards. And I'm screaming back, My heart is burning! My abs are burning!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home