Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - I exam

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wednesday's Word - I exam

Hello All,
How's your eyes? I mean your outlook; your perspective? Looking at your life and the person you're becoming - Is the future so bright you gotta wear shades, or is it more of life in the rear view where hindsight is 20/20 vision? Some trip over their own feet from the temporary blindness caused by a pretty face or more money or gaining some assemblance of power. Some wear rose-colored glasses and nothing is truly as it seems. Even still, some cover one eye and focus on reality apart from hope and become disheartened at the hardness of it all. Its as evident as the nose on your face that we rely heavily on the power of observation. We react to whatever jumps in front of our bi-focals. But just as important as a proper perspective of the world around you is proper clarity of what's going on inside you.
Here's the word:

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

As plainly as we can see that cataracts and cloudy vision can affect how we see the world around us, just imagine the ramifications of blurred vision when it comes to knowing whether or not you're in the faith. This really is an important eye exam. So the next question is how do we conduct such an exam? Well I'm glad you asked - Scripture offers the perfect answer. Let the Lord lead - then follow the Lord's lead

Psalm 26:2 - 5 Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. 3 For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth. 4 I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. 5 I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

We serve the True and living God who sees everything in High-Definition. We can have an eye opening experience if we would just care enough to let Him bring life into focus by making ourselves available to his hands of restoration. It is His will that we see clearly. Why else would you suppose Scripture contains an I exam.

In Him,
Cros

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home