Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday’s Word – The Christ is Right

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wednesday’s Word – The Christ is Right

Hello All,

Are you one of those people who often come across topics in the Bible and you think to yourself- “Why didn’t God speak more about this?” Okay, maybe it’s just me(...sometimes). But just how much “more” should the Bible contain – better information on Physics? More clarification on whether six literal days meant six literal days or rather six ‘epochs’ of time? Was that really Samuel or did the witch bring up a demonic impersonator? Now granted, these may not be the sort of questions that you ponder. The bigger questions for us tend to flow with how well, or how “not well” we’re doing - So like the Arid commercial – let’s get a little closer: Is my current state of suffering the results of my own doing and really not having a positive effect on my Christ-likeness? or is this in fact God re-making me through enduring? How does God get any glory out of my painful childhood memory when all I see is it causing me to mistrust and sabotage my current relationships? Now these are answers to questions inquiring minds want to know. And I’d be lying if I said that the answer to these questions are clearly set out in Scripture – some answers are not clear at all but that doesn’t mean that there’s no hope and no answers.

Here’s the Word:
John 4:25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.

Recalling the story involving Samuel’s ghost mentioned a moment ago, Saul was looking for answers – but according to Deuteronomy 18:9 and following – Saul should’ve known better than to look “there” for answers, but for him, in his situation, his suffering lead him to look for answers in the wrong place. Also, there’s the story of the rich man who lifted up his eyes in Hell. His suffering sought to send somebody from the dead to warn his brothers –but the answer was “They have the law and the prophets”, anything more is not necessary.
So yeah, I kinda got myself in over my head, because I don’t have answers for your suffering(or mine for that matter), or a way to ensure you that you’re suffering for the right reason. But I’m here to point you to the right Answer and would encourage you to seek to immerse yourself in what He has to say through prayer and reading His Word. Cause when all is said and done – I believe that He is The Way, The Truth and The Life, and no answer from anywhere else can compare. The Christ is RIGHT!


In Him, (patiently waiting for my answers)
Cros

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Son, you have outdone yourself with this one. It has brought tears to my eyes. Tears for the wisdom God is giving you, and tears for the tests he is also bringing you through. It is very humbling as a parent to watch you grow and also to learn and be blessed by your teaching. Grow in grace...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home