Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - Singin in the Reign

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wednesday's Word - Singin in the Reign

Hello All,
You may not consider yourself to be much of a singer; then again, you just may have skills the skills to pay the bills. Either way, when was the last time you took the opportunity to warm it up? Your worship voice that is. I could be way off the mark here but I don’t see any delineation in the Scriptures as to the ‘haves’ and the ‘have nots’ of who needs to be involved when it comes to making a joyful noise. And I also don’t think that the song of choice matters as much as the heart behind it. I can totally feel anyone who wants to break out in song using an old well-known hymn like “Amazing Grace”. I can also get with someone who does a remake of Heatwave’s “Always and Forever” with a heart of worship to God. I tend to do that a lot myself. One of my favorites is “Longer” by Dan Fogleberg (no snickering please). I even change the words a bit to make it juuuusssttt right.

So what’s your favorite song that just captures your heart and makes you wanna sing out loud in worship?

Here's The Word:

2 Samuel 22:50 Therefore I will praise you, LORD, among the nations; I will sing the praises of your name

1 Chronicles 16:9 Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.

Psalm 9:2 I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High.

Psalm 33:1 Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.

James 5:13 [ The Prayer of Faith ] Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.

1 Corinthians 14:15 So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my understanding; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my understanding.

Well today, my prayer for you is; as you go about your day(s), you would seek opportunity to warm it up. Maybe a song on the radio will get your attention in a way it hasn’t before. Or you will simply choose to enjoy your drive-time, the shower or wherever you can cut loose with fear of scaring or scarring anyone within earshot. And that you would be totally focused on the vision – an audience of One – The Lover of your soul.

There will be much rejoicing and singing when Jesus reigns over the new Heaven and the new Earth in victory – so though I’ve yet to get my glorified body with a voice that will knock your socks off - Why wait? If the Lord already reigns in my heart , I can sing in the Reign right now!

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home