Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - Weight Loss through DIE etting

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday's Word - Weight Loss through DIE etting

Hello All,

Well here we are, James 4, one workout left before we're done with the Jim. Let's get to it.

Previously, I used a scenario where as we exercise; God encourages us a spotter. I'd like to develop this idea a little further because there are some of us who think we are quite impressive. We jump on the lifecycle bench press like "No sweat God,I'm the MAN!!!! I got this!" It is at these times that we fail to step back and realize; The point of "this" exercising is neither to glorify ourselves, nor to try to impress people around us. We exercise to gain internal transformation, not external adoration. And if we really look at the facts of the matter found in the Word of God, it becomes clear that although God gives us grace to endure, we are not the SOURCE of our strength. The Word says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13.
It would be a sad situation to find yourself stuck under a heavy weight wondering why you can't move it and God Himself is watching you from the corner saying..."Well YOU said YOU had it". Of course, that scenario makes God seem a lil cruel, or that He would take joy in our suffering. He doesn't do that for HIs children, but I'm sure because of His great love for us, that He is resolute, even when we have hard lessons to learn. His Word is true.
James 4:6(b) "God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble"
James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

So while we look to various low-carb, zero fat diets for weight loss in order to fit into that outfit, or just "look good"; we also have to make sure that we are DIE-etting that we may put on Christ. Paul was an awesome example of this. He promoted a daily DIE-et (1 Cor 15:31). We must decrease that He may increase (Jn 3:30).
Some people have a serious weight problem; their ego prevents them from fitting into that new nature. Check your ego, does it need a DIE-et?


In Him,
Cros

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I’ve been working on my physical weight lately too, since I’m not that 200 pound trim athlete I was when I was a soldier.

My kids patted my belly and told me I’m fat just once this year and it was enough to make me realize that I’m about 50 pounds heavier and flabby than my max, so I’ve been working on losing and MAN it aint easy. It’s a lot mo fun and easy to put it on, but taking it off is murder!

And then taking that over to the spiritual realm as you did let’s me know that if I want a balanced Shawn Manning, I’m going to have to do some committing and disciplining of myself like never before because of how hard of a struggle it is to get that balance of fit and fed properly. It’s hard work.

Dude! You’re working me out!

It’s good for me though. I need it.

Thanks.

Faithfully,

SHeM

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home