Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - I Aint Buying It

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Wednesday's Word - I Aint Buying It

Hello All,
There’s an old saying; If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. And in light of recent headline news, there’s obviously substantial credibility in that statement. There are people that would just as soon swindle you out of your life savings without a second thought, than would excuse themselves for anonymously bumping into you on the street. Not trying to give full allegiance to pessimism, but there’s definitely something to be said for a ‘healthy’ amount of skepticism. Sometimes I hear the “pitch” men and immediately think to myself “I aint buyin’ it”. But what about the peculiar situations where we’ve been undeservedly blessed? How about that financial blessing that came at exactly the right moment? Or something as simple as a phone call from a friend exactly when you needed it most. Many times it seemed, just as my last little bit of hope had already walked out the door; God does something too good to be true, giving me not only the strength to carry on, but so much joy as well.

Here’s the Word:

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

God is so into “too good to be true” that not only does He give good , but He’s also using all of the bad to work for good on behalf of them that love Him. How awesome is that?!

So if you don’t have good Bible believing friends, get some. But also look in the Scriptures for yourself to see that God is good and His Grace is too good to be true. His grace covers even me and I aint buyin it… Can’t buy what’s already been paid for.

p.s. Thanks Phil

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home