Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - My Way or The Highway

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday's Word - My Way or The Highway

Hello All,
I can’t say that there was a ever a time when I saw the beginnings of the ‘reality TV revolution’ that I thought to myself…”Now here’s a good idea”.
Now I’m not against blaming television for its share of what’s wrong with the world, you can’t argue that in many ways it holds up a mirror to what is most deplorable, yet all too common in our society. I’m sadly amused by people who think that given enough freedom and resources that ‘we’ would make a world-wide utopia for ourselves. I beg to differ.
I really love God for putting that sort of longing for bliss in our hearts, but when it comes to searching it out, we’d do well to start with Him:

Here’s the Word;

Isaiah 55:-8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Choosing our own way for ultimate happiness reminds me of when I was a child at a parade: The floats, bands, bicycles and fire trucks would pass by: And the really ‘good’ ones would throw candy. All of us kids would recklessly dive to the concrete like they were throwing gold nuggets; all for a gumball or tootsie roll. And all the while the Father has prepared a full banquet for those who would seek to follow His Way…The Highway.

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home