Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - Ouch!

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wednesday's Word - Ouch!

Hello All,

You know if there's one thing I really DON'T like about being a Christian? Sorry, I know that's not the most positive way to start off but bear with me... I don't like that I'm not bulletproof. I mean it could stand to reason that once I've passed from death to life (1 John 3:14), and I've become a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17) that a nice "S" on my chest and a bunch of other super powers would be fitting right? I mean I'd have NO problem with "meek and mild" as a cover but when painful situations put me in its crosshairs ....BAM!!!! Commence to terminate with extreme prejudice!!! ... But I digress, because the word doesn't say that.
Here's the word:

Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

2 Timothy 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world

Ahhhhh..... OK, breathe out. It does my heart well to know that trouble doesn't last always, and when I spend time in The Word, I have less hangup about it not being my job to put an end to it. The LORD will deliver. And with resolve, I reflect on the reality that pain is part of the process by which I am "becoming new". I focus more on fruit of the Spirit(Gal 5:22), and God's strength being made perfect in my weakness (2 Cor 12:19) and HIM being glorified.
WOW! what a revelation. I know its okay to be angry about evil, but being upset about not being bulletproof lets me know that I haven't totally won the fight to "die daily" and that my fight against pain and suffering, is really a fight against me......Ouch!


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home