Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday’s Word – Devise and Conquer

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Wednesday’s Word – Devise and Conquer

Hello All,
I’ve got a confession to make: I was wrong. I was good at it, but I was wrong. I’m not about to throw blame but the Air Force even helped to foster it. What is it? My understanding that efficiency was based on the old saying – Divide and Conquer. If I had a job to do, and I had 5 guys to do it , then there were 6 little things getting done at the same time to further our completion –Efficiently. What could be so wrong with that? Who doesn’t want to utilize their resources efficiently and maximize they’re output. Okay, that’s not really bad in itself, but to assume that the divide and conquer method works for EVERY situation. That’s definitely a mistake. I’m thankful to my brother Doug who really made that clear to me.

Here’s the word;

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: 10 If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! 11 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.

Trust me, I’m totally not trying to counsel anyone on relationships, but I gotta use the following example to make the point clear: Now, as a man, I think the idea of divide and conquer is more understandable and readily acceptable, but that concept doesn’t follow when it comes to women. Women are more relational than men and the rules don’t apply the same way. If you focus more or “conquering” than “dividing”, you’ll see that sometimes conquering involves doing it together. It’s not less efficient if the job takes longer, but fosters a stronger bond; costs more money but fosters more hope. A good manager may go far on the idea of divide and conquer, but an efficient leader will know how to devise a strategy that may either divide resources, or pool resources depending on the situation. It takes wisdom to devise and conquer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home