Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Find

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Find


I haven’t always included pictures with my blogposts. However, now that I do, finding the pictures have become almost as much of an impact on me than the words that express what I’m writing about. This idea really speaks to today’s post about 'finding'. I knew I wanted a good picture to “illuminate” the thoughts I already had about the topic. So I googled the word “Find”. An absolute deluge of magnifying glasses, binoculars, as well as more than a few pics of Waldo showed up.

Then there was this one: The one that I used - I could do nothing but stare in awe and utter a small whisper…”Thank You Jesus.”

Here’s The Word:

Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

This is one of those familiar verses. And rightfully so, it brings us into subjection to the Word of God as we wrestle with the idea that My Christianity is mine and I can keep it to myself. Not true. This verse as well as many, many others contradict that ideology outright. As a child of Christ, quickened by the Spirit, and commissioned by Your Lord – YOU are now on mission in a dark and dying world and you have to be honest about this very real thing: Is the light from your life in Christ leading others to Him?

I don’t know if I would call it difficult. I honestly don’t know what to call it at all. All I do know is that although His love has been poured on us freely, as adopted children into God’s family, this new life comes with expectations. Biblically, our lives are supposed to reflect true joy, in ways that are distinctly different from the world. We’re to have hope that is expected to be inquired about, and a peace that boggles the carnal mind. Scripture assumes us to be generous givers, compassionate empathizers and edifying communicators. Our faces are steadfast, our eyes are to the hills and our ears are attentive to the leading of The Spirit. All of this emanating from a heart of rejoicing…again, I say, Rejoice!

Here’s The Word:

Luke 12:34- 35 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Let your loins be girded about, and your lights burning;

It’s true, this world really doesn’t have anything more to offer us. We long for our new country and the eternal intimacy where we are one with Our God. However, HE still has business here. There are still things that HE wants from this world... and its more believers. God used two people to make people, which speaks to His wisdom and sovereignty. He also still uses people to make people – He uses believers to shine faith, show love and share Christ. He’s the One Who saves, but He uses us as lights to lead those who seeking -

What is your light & life helping them to find?

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home