Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Field Trip

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Field Trip


Journaling is awesome! I can’t imagine a single soul being disappointed or unable to find at least a few good benefits to simply recording your daily thoughts. You’ll get to see your progression. You’ll have a better anchor of clarity when you think back to what your life was like at certain times. You’ll be able to appreciate and encourage the journey of others with a sincere embrace of how things change. I like to journal in context – My subject matter is always the Gospel, because in some way, I’m always thinking about and trying to orient my life towards it. So when I look back and see the wide variety of topics that I talk about, those 3 things are as real to me as today’s post.

Now, remember back to when you were in grade school. I think the top 3 days were: Having a substitute, Getting a field trip permission slip, and the actual field trip day. That’s how I feel right now as I prepare for a family vacation next week. So today is field trip day AND I’m handing things over to a substitute. How’s that for a 2-fer?

In all my study and in all of my lessons where I was able to walk away feeling like – I “rightly divided the word of truth.”, I’m always in more awe of so many others in the faith and I’m grateful to feel like somehow, we’re joined in the effort to preach Christ to The World. I walk among giants. There are times when I’m more than pleased to hand over entire teachings to those giants, there’s so much theological greatness. Today, your substitute teacher is one of the best expositors of our day: John MacArthur. He’s done a masterful job giving clarity to a book that many Christians either misinterpret, or steer clear of altogether: The Book of Revelation.

Do yourself a favor and make this the first of many more times of going on this field trip. Like many other exciting places to visit, once won’t be enough, and it gets better every time.

Link to John MacArthur's - Jet Tour Through Revelation

This link has an audio version as well as the transcribed text. Enjoy it, and pass it on.

Here’s The Word:

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

If I'd thought to start listing, just from memory, the theological "field trips" I've been on, I guarantee that this post would be too long and recklessly boring. But just like our natural world has so many beautiful and interesting places to see, so it is with the history of people who have loved diving into the depths of God's Word and bring up the treasures they've found.
Explore! Get out there and investigate people like EM Bounds on Prayer, Tozer on the beauty of devotion, Wiersbe on Christian living, J.I. Packer on God's Holiness....the list goes on, and you won't regret having ventured to these exciting destinations!

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home