Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Prophetic

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Friday, March 15, 2019

Prophetic


I feel like I say it all the time, but I really DO wish this could more of a conversation than some sort of pronouncement. I have no problem dialoguing about things; learning and reshaping my understanding. I know how easy it is to assume that someone who’s prone to talking, doesn’t listen as well.
These are usually observations, not just assertions from a distance. I’ve lived a bit, and I'm more than familiar with the influences we face. I know what’s at stake, and I've personally encountered many of the misguided pursuits that plague us, internally and externally. I speak from that.
So here’s my rub of the day – I think that we romanticize religion too much. Hence the picture. Okay, maybe not we, as in you and I, but many of us.
This is why the prosperity gospel is such a prevalent, prominent thing. The prosperity gospel is not my focus today but another “gospel” that seems to be just as attractive.

Here’s The Word:

2 Corinthians 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Over the years, I’ve seen some who gravitate towards these “other gospels” because they are more so looking for a uniquely specific experience that elevates them. I’ve started seeing more and more “prophetic word” type memes on the Internet and I’m wondering “Why is that?” So many “Time to dry your tears. God has seen your struggle and is ready to now give you the breakthrough that you’ve been waiting for.”

I may be overly cautious, maybe it’s debatable, but when I read Scripture and I see what’s coming down the pike for all of us, I just don’t want to take things too lightly.

Here’s The Word:

2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Who are “they”? well, according to this, “they” USED to endure sound doctrine….they don’t any more. They traded what they used to endure, opting more for teaching that made them feel better. Scratching their itches. To me, they were never ‘the world’, these they would identify themselves as Christian. Christians have to be mindful to know sound doctrine and continue in it.

Galatians 1:6-7 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Perversions of the gospel abound now, and by the looks of things, this will continue and increase. The verse in 2 Corinthians 11 talks about a common theme; The gospel of Jesus that “we” preached. It’s one thing and it’s for everyone.
Are people who aren’t in the prosperity gospel missing out on gospel truth? Are the ones who are, better blessed? Are people who’ve never had a special word from God, not walking in their purpose? Are the ones who get a regular prophetic report, closer “IN” to God than others? Scripture doesn't support that. Our propensity to particularize and seek after personalized gospels needs to be met with caution and care. And at the least, the strongest part of our belief should not be in prosperity or prophecy, but in love.

John 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Disciples aren’t recognized by their ability to give sacrificially in order to receive financial blessings in the midst of struggle. They also aren’t defined or delineated by their ability to give or receive a prophetic words that make you feel like a special break through is coming.

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home