Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: His Cares

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

His Cares



Here’s The Word:

1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

This is as familiar a verse as it is comforting to know that our God is ready and willing to relieve our burdens.

Often times I write with one specific longing: To creatively encourage us to apply the truth of Scripture. It basically boils down to taking something very familiar to our lives and then applying Scripture to it in a way that re-associates the idea, at least partially.
So, here’s the flip; What does God care about?

If asked that question, we’d probably still think about what He wants in regards to us – He wants us to be good. He wants us to love one another. He wants us to help the poor. But then what? Is that all He cares about?

No doubt that its The Father’s good pleasure to provide good for us but think of how you would feel if your children only came to you to fulfill needs. Even beyond a heart of gratitude, it’s still a real desire as a parent that our children desire to know us. Same goes with Our Father, He cares about us walking in truth and wants something truly intimate with us.

Jeremiah 9:24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.

We’re often encouraged to read Scripture and take note of the promises of God and I absolutely believe that there’s benefit to that. However, I’d like to encourage us to read Scripture and take note of who Our God is and the things He cares about. Look into His revelation and listen to His heart. Listen to Him talk about the things He cares about.

Here’s few Scriptures that give insight into who our God is and His cares.

Proverbs 12:22 Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Proverbs 15:8 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord: but the prayer of the upright is his delight.

Isaiah 58:2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God.

Sometimes it can be a little less easy to grab ahold of; on one hand, to see ourselves as children of The King, and on the other hand to see ourselves as servants to a Master. Both are true and the more we spend time getting to know Him, the easier it is to reconcile these two ideas. We have a mandate to boldly approach the throne of grace for Our needs as well as the reality that Our Father has a heart that delights in us seeking to know Him beyond gift giver. It's not hard to shift our view in thinking how grateful we are to God for being involved in our lives, but truth be told, it's all HIS story, and His Sovereign benevolence have placed us in His eternal life.

Years ago, I had a friend make a statement to me that helped clarify this: The Bible says that “God hates divorce” Malachi 2:16. It’s not ONLY that He hates divorce, but it’s also that He really LOVES marriage. One way of looking at things compels us to act a certain way, concerned with the “rules” aspect, but the other way helps us see His heart and give attention to things He cares about.

Heavenly Father I thank You,
Your kindness knows no equal.
Aside of anything else I need,
Lord, please help me to see you.
My desire is to draw near to You.
As You also draw near to me.
You've allowed my life to be hidden in Christ.
For unfathomable intimacy.
I seek You daily, to know Your ways.
Teach me O' Lord, Your heart.
The wonders of your mercy and Grace.
Your creativity is off the charts.
Things like marriage, that give but a glimpse.
Of the Oneness that exists in You.
Speak to my heart, my Father, My God.
Lead me. Show me what is true.
Not a single thought surprises You.
Or catches You unaware.
As much I seek Your provision, Oh God.
Draw my mind to things of which You care.

In Him, Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home