Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Which Jesus

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Which Jesus


I guess it’s time for me to just own it. I have one of those personalities where on more than a few occasions, I get the remark “You remind me of someone I know”. I actually met one of the guys that a few people compared me to and you know what? He reminded me of me too! Do you have that kind of face? That kind of personality? Do you take it as a compliment or does it get under your skin a little that someone else is “kinda” like you.

Sometimes it’s a certain way we laugh, or walk or a glance from a certain angle that makes people either think of us, or see us and think of someone else. This is all well and good when it comes to us….but now Jesus, that’s a different matter. Of course our goal is for our actions and our expressions of love and peace to absolutely ooooze “Jesus” but often times, we only get it kinda right, and I'm not talking in an "oopsie", none of us are perfect kind a way. I mean the kind of way that shows up as a mischaracterization of who He really is.

So which Jesus do you serve? I would say that from every angle, Jesus has one single presentation “Glorified” but again, all too often, we present and serve a different Jesus.

We often serve a Jesus specialized, okay with everything we do.
We don’t trouble ourselves with holiness or seeking what is true.
We often serve a Jesus moralized, we follow rules to be good.
Discounting the power of The Holy Spirit, to help our attitude.
We serve a Jesus rationalized, I know His work isn’t done.
So until He comes and tells me to stop, I’ll have a little fun.
We serve a Jesus compartmentalized, I love Him in my heart.
I don’t need to spread the Gospel message, til the day that I depart.
We serve a contemporary Jesus, where old Bible stuff is passé’
He’s not concerned with our walk or our talk, tis the flavor of the day.
We serve a Jesus plagiarized, wise words but not at full strength.
We only pick pieces of His Word, then wonder why we missed what He meant.
We see a Jesus “Genie-ized”, like a cosmic Santa Clause.
Whatever I ask for “In His Name” He’ll do it without pause.
We serve a Jesus personalized, I’m cool with Him, He’s cool with me.
Without giving proper weight and respect to the way He’s transforming me.
We serve a Jesus humanized, like He’s not overly bothered by sin.
Not remembering He faced the Father’s wrath, to clean up the mess I jumped in.
We have to see Jesus just as He is, not how we want Him to be.
No matter which angle you see Jesus from, He’s HOLY HOLY HOLY.
A dangerous consequence in making God as anything less than He is.
We in turn, inevitably lessen ourselves, and we lessen His purposes.
So take it to heart to Whom you belong, and in Whom your life is hid.
And live for Him, giving Him the glory He’s due, for all He is and all that He did.


Here's The Word:

2 Corinthians 11:3 - 4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Isaiah 45:5-6 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

It all comes way too easy. A little slant here, a little bend there to see the kinda Jesus that's easier to recognize according to our idea of Him. But any change is an outright exchange. We take Jesus at His purest, fullest presentation or we've basically replaced Him.

We need to see a Jesus Glorified, seated at The Father's right hand.
No modifications to His revelation. He's not subject to the approval of man.
We need to see Jesus sanctified, set apart from our wishful ideas.
He's unique. He's nothing like anything else. His word reveals Who He is.
We need to see Jesus deified, fully God and yet familiar with flesh.
Forgive us for "kinda" seeing you, Lord. Reveal Christ to our hearts afresh!


In Him,
Cros

1 Comments:

Blogger culinarygnus said...

Arthur this is something I needed to read and hear. I notice so much of myself placing Jesus in a necessary role for me instead of me being and walking in the role he gave me. This is a great word

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home