Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Sing!

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Sing!


Sometimes I steal away to forget this ol’ world.
Pushing my problems and all else aside.
I turn down the noise of cares and concern.
I look up with my mouth open wide.

I long for that day where the shining shines on.
Dark nights will be utterly erased.
The light of God, united with His people splendor,
Testifying of His Amazing Grace.

Soul soothing songs, my heart sings along.
Without fail as tears begin to flow.
Here’s a few of my favs, praising the Ancient of Days;
I sing ‘cause I want Him to know.

When I Survey the Wondrous Cross,
And how Jesus paid it all.
Be thou my vision, my Blessed assurance,
Straight to my knees I fall.

Here I am to worship. Worthy is the lamb.
What a friend we have in Jesus.
In Christ Alone, the cornerstone,
He breaks every chain and frees us.

Lord prepare me to be a sanctuary.
Excellent is Thy Name.
Holy, Holy Holy! God, you are Good.
Jesus Messiah, mighty to save!

How great is our God, how great thou art.
How deep the Father’s Love.
How much was poured out, at the Cross.
Grace and Mercy from above.

As the deer panteth for the water, I am in Awe of you!
Better is one day in your courts.
Here’s my heart, Lord speak what is true.

I could sing of your love forever and ever.
With all of Heaven on key and in tune.
And this, in eternity, preserved for me.
I’ll fly away, soon and very soon.

Here's The Word:

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Psalm 7:17 I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.

Psalm 30:4 Sing unto the Lord, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.

Isaiah 49:13 Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the Lord hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted.

James 5:13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing psalms.


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home