Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Whadja Git?

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Whadja Git?



Hello All,
I have a question that I dig up on occasion where I simply “LOVE” hearing the varied responses that come back: “What did you get when you got saved?” Most recently, the question resurfaced on the heels of a discussion where it was mentioned that “We’re all sinners.” Of course I understood the context in that even as Christians trying to live Biblically in Christ, we will hardly live a sin-free life –even though we realize that as Christians we should sin less, and less as we progress in sanctification. However, that statement always reminds me of the difference between Christians who sin and “sinners” which probably more to the point could be identified as unbelievers or ‘the lost’ since ‘sinning’ in itself could apply to both sides. So back to the question: As we look forward to opening Christmas gifts next week, reflect on your most precious gift and consider - What did you get when you got saved? Among the last answers I got, one I remember was “New eyes.” And it’s with those new eyes that I noticed another ‘something I got’ as our Sunday school class reviewed in the first chapter of Ephesians.

Here’s The Word;

Ephesians 1:6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved.

“…accepted in the Beloved”. I admit to you that I had no idea what that meant but it sure sounds good! As I studied it out, I found just how GOOD it is. I’ve see where more than a few expositors affirm that it is the position of The Anointed. As I looked at the other usages of the word, I see that it’s more than a place of honor, but one of intimacy and delight. I don’t know if my mind heretofore had been blocked by a malformed understanding of God not being a “respecter of persons”. In my previous understanding, it made everything seem rather cold and sterile. You fulfill the requirements and you make the grade. Now because I see ‘The Beloved’ more clearly, I understand that God not being a respecter of persons seems to be more based on the idea that if we could, we would bribe God into getting what we want by puffed up knowledge, or piety or feigned humility– He simply sees through that. But us being in the beloved affords us a passionate desire by God - not us in person, but us in Christ.

So when you find yourself caught in the throws of “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”, and well into the New Year, take some time to consider the most wonderful gift anyone could ever receive. And then unpack that box called “Salvation” and look inside and discover all of the wonderful things that come with it. Remember to get back to me with whatever you discover but even more so, live – live looking through new eyes at whatchu got when you got saved!


In Him,
Cros

1 Comments:

Blogger bcreed said...

God gave me everlasting life when he saved me. What does everlasting mean anyway? It's one of those concepts that make us a little crazy. Since we live in the temporal, we can understand the eternal only imperfectly. Every burden, trouble, sorrow, stress, pain in this life is temporary, but heaven, which is God's promise to His children, is eternal. What a promise!

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home