Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Mine

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Mine


If you ask someone of their favorite color or song or movie, you’re likely to get someone who has a difficult time narrowing it down to just one answer…but you will get an answer. “Blue”, “Razzamatazz”, and “The Matrix” are mine. Even in these trivial things, we all assume a kind of ownership where these things not only identify us....they affirm us. But truth be told, many of these things change over time. It's possible (even likely in my case) that I may hear my new favorite song tomorrow, or my new favorite movie may be coming soon, and although blue is my favorite color today, it hasn’t always been.

As teenagers,we become very protective of "MINE" - my room was my sanctuary, even though I wasn't helping pay rent or anything. And goodnes! When I worked and recieved MY firt paycheck from MY job, "That money was officially MINE". Now after years of working, paying taxes I still have an affinity for things that are “mine”. My stuff: My house, car, furnishings, fish tank and photo albums or even the laptop I’m typing on right now. These things are mine. But when you really think about it, they’re just as temporary. We hardly ever think of the time aspect of our stuff until we’re faced with the prospect of these things being taken (or otherwise removed from our lives).

So what do we have that’s really ours in a lasting sense? My parents? My children? Sadly, not even these are permanent fixtures as I know one day, even as their dad, I’ll be handing the children over to raise and nurture their own families. As my mom passed on from this life several years ago, I know from hard experience that as deep and meaningful as any personal relationship can be, they’re also subject to change through several possibilities.

Here’s The Word;

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Notice what becomes clear as you search through the Word of God – Christ can be yours in a way that nothing or no one else can. Unchanging and Eternal. That truth surely puts a lot into perspective. I see how futile it is to get wrapped around the axle; identifying and affirming myself or being overly concerned with such temporary stuff. I also have realize that when I allow the peace of God to rule in my heart I’m learning how to embrace something and Someone Who’s eternally mine.



In Him,
Cros

1 Comments:

Blogger bcreed said...

Thank you for the reminder that we all (at least I think all) are tempted to hang on too tightly to that which is not eternal. Remembering what is temporal and what is eternal should help us to keep our priorities in line. Thanks, Cros.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home