Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: For Your Enjoyment

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

For Your Enjoyment



     As much I truly love digging deep into The Scriptures; applying the principles of Hermeneutics to commonly contended (or mis-applied) passages – I also love the simple clarity afforded when we take a BIG STEP back and get a wider view. In the whole message of Scripture, I see that even before the magnificent display of The Trinity’s awesome orchestration in creation, God (Triune) was enjoying Himself. Creation was never the result of any compelling requirement based on a need or lack in God but was simply a continuation of His enjoyment.

Here’s The Word:

Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The Bible is replete with verses that speak of God’s pleasure; Things that He finds pleasure in as well as things He finds no pleasure in. And my point is this – Do we maintain a consciousness of how our life affects God? More specifically, do we seek to bring joy to God’s heart by our responses to life’s situations?

Here’s The Word;

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

What's your attitude of gratitude? What does your appreciation look like? Are you the quite or exuberant type? Sober and sedate or spirited and passionate? Are you more concerned with how your display of gratitude is seen by men or are you unashamed to “cut loose” gitcho “praise dance” on? I don't imagine that the "joy in Heaven" is one of reserved acknowledgement exhibited with nodding and smiling.

Here’s The Word;

Psalm 35:27 Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

I have a growing concern and I actually feel that I’m becoming more influence by a post-modernist Christianity that emphasizes an “in my heart” display of faith and subsequently, joy. It seems as if many new believers are either learning or are never challenged to live a displayed changed lifestyle and anything pertaining to spiritual transformation is never encouraged or challenged to be anything more than a sincere feeling in your heart. However, I admit that I understand the drive for having a heart towards God, I just think a proper and prosperous walk with The Lord is one where are heart AND are hands are equally engaged and a proper display of exuberant joy is expected and appropriate.

Here’s The Word;

Psalm 107:2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;

Psalm 147:11 The Lord taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

So please take this as encouragement to keep in mind The God created you - not due to lack, but for His pleasure and that we have the ability to make choices that affect His pleasure. I know for myself, this study has already affected my prayer and I know in my heart that I will stay conscious and pray “Father, help me to be cognizant of the choices I make: Help me be a vessel used for Your enjoyment”.



In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home