Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: A Way in a Manger

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A Way in a Manger



Merry Christmas All!

Of course I hope this day finds you in good health, high spirits and an overwhelming sense of joy at the realization of God’s greatest gift. Christ, The Lord! I truly love the imagery of Christmas: All of it. From manger scenes, to shepherds keeping their flocks by night with the shining Star of Bethlehem, the journey of the wise men all the way down to smartly wrapped gifts with colorful ribbon and bows and even jolly Ol’ Saint Nick! However, in the midst of all that beauty and splendor, I really can’t help but consider the practicality of The Gift. So often, we do right by not making the situation “about us” but in a very real way, Christmas is about us. Not because we’re special or deserving but because in our desperation and depravity, WE are the recipient of The Greatest Gift ever given.

Here’s The Word;

2 Corinthians 5:18 -19 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Galatians 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

Every year, I purposefully look to see Christmas in a deeper way. Last year, I was driving from Jacksonville to Valdosta to surprise my family and heard an awesome radio sermon that I’m sure will stick with me throughout the years; The Christmas Story According to Jesus. It was based on Hebrews 10 where Jesus is talking about the body that had been prepared for Him to become the perfect and final offering for sin according to God’s Will. This verse has been in there the whole time and I’d missed it all along, that radio presentation has affected the fundamental meaning of Christmas for me.

Today, as I was looking for images to put on my Facebook page, I came across this picture with a familiar Christmas lyric “Away in a Manger”. I paused and had a thought “That’s exactly what God has provided for us”. It’s the thing we absolutely needed most. We have all like sheep gone astray to the point of no return but God saw the depth of our need and moved with compassion on our behalf. Born as a tender infant, Jesus is “The Way” that God provided…. And from now on, when I hear that song, or see that lyric, I’ll read it as a reflection on the Gift that God has given us….A Way, in a Manger


In Him,
Cros

1 Comments:

Blogger bcreed said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Cros. Thanks for the reminder that God did indeed provide a Way! In fact, He IS the Way!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home