Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Monday's Meditation - Let's Eat

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monday's Meditation - Let's Eat

I figured with “Thanks-to-God for all His giving’s” Day coming up, most of us would be spending more time with family and less time on email. So I take this opportunity to share a thought as we prepare to partake of the abundance that is “Thanksgiving Dinner”.

In addition to deep frying a turkey (pray for me), our menu includes corn-on-the cob, macaroni, candied yams, garlic mashed potatoes, collard greens, green-bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and sweet potato pie.
(open invite to anyone close enough to come by)

Did I forget anything?......Oh yeah, BREAD!

Here’s the Word:
John 6:48 I am that bread of life.
50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Everyday is a day of thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for and I pray that we would share our blessings as we share our ‘Bread’. I grew up in poverty; actually I grew up in Chicago but we were sho-nuff poor. The more I think of it, we were really only monetarily poor. We were often blessed because someone else who had concern for us gave to us. But with such a faithful and strong Christian grandmother, we always had ‘Bread’. Let’s eat.

Happy Thanks be to God for all of His Givings, especially the Bread.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home