Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Godless

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Godless


At my most basic core, I have an almost insatiable inquisitiveness. I mean in ways that almost make me wonder how I ever got along in a world without Google or other searchable content. And when Biblegateway.com (and others) made the Bible easily accessible and searchable: Yes!!! It meant more to me than you can imagine.

I know that the Scriptures don't address every issue, I don't find that to be a problem, but often enough I wonder just how much it weighs in on certain things: Like today's post title - Godless. I did a smart keyword search to see what would come up.

Here's The Word:

2 Timothy 3:3-5 But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people.

I don't think I was as much surprised as I was soberly resolved. The Bible addresses our choices, our states of mind and our consequences, but remember, The Bible is God's Word, and it makes sense that He never speaks as though He's ever absent.

We may choose a multitude of different deities or belief systems, God speaks on that.

Isaiah 44:8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

So choosing any other than; The Almighty, The Alpha and Omega, The Ancient of Days, anyone other than Jehovah Himself, means you've chosen an empty throne, but not a "godless" reality, just a wrong choice.

We may choose to deny God, opting for science or other explanations for the world that we live in, God also speaks on that.

Psalm 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

2 Timothy 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

If there is no hereafter, then morality is the best that we can accomplish - and if there IS a hereafter, then even the best morality leaves you just as ill-prepared for it as total anarchy. Job says it like this Job 20:5 That the triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment?. Choosing NO god, is choosing the wrong God.

Even when we try and convince ourselves that we've gone too far and are now somehow abandoned by God - Either in arrogance, or pitiful penance, God speaks on that.

Psalm 139:6-8 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

We preach about a God Who is Omnipresent, meaning there is absolutely no escape from His presence. There's nothing you can do to lessen, diminish or erase God from a situation. He will stand as judge over all, and He will stand victorious when this is all over.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

This means, fall humbly on His mercy while He is yet, merciful because once the time of harvest comes, there will be no rest or respite from His judgments. There is a throne and there is ONE Who sits on it. Search all you want but God has not left a true option to consider any situation, godless.

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home