Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Shrink

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Shrink



Father, sometimes, I mean most of the time,
it’s tough to know just what to think.
We’re so accustomed to ‘claiming what’s mine’
but Your word encourages us to shrink.
We live in world that’s made us consumers:
The only message is “Here’s what you want”.
None of this stuff helps us get to You sooner,
there’s no shame in how much we flaunt.

Not saying that the stuff is bad in itself,
if it’s a blessing, then the focus is You.
Yet, we see so many ruined by wealth,
it seems we’re not getting the clue.
So in all of the things that comprise all my days,
help me step back away from the brink.
My concern; let Your word guide all of my ways
and most of all, help me to shrink.

Shrink the distance between my faith and my action.
Strengthen my heart to do right.
When I start slipping, help my feet regain traction
that I continue on shining Your light.
In a world where self is our main concern
and ‘finding yourself’ - a worthy endeavor.
To know more of Your heart is the thing that I yearn.
The less me in the way, the better.

It’s an interesting example if you stop to think.
When you consider the washing of The Word.
Just like clothes in the laundry, they often will shrink;
let’s look closer at what has occurred.
Not all clothes get smaller, it depends on the fabric,
and shrunk clothes cause us distress.
So synthetics and such that aren’t affected as much
are now popular because they shrink less.

Now what shrinks the most? It’s wool from a sheep’s coat;
I know you now see the connection.
I’ll be a shrinking sheep - in my Shepherd I’ll boast
as He leads me in the right direction.
I can’t clean myself. I’m in desperate need.
My attempts are filthy rags and they stink.
I’ll stay in the washing machine of your Word.
Purge my filthiness, Lord help me shrink.

It’s been said of old take the world and give me Jesus,
I can’t imagine what You have in store.
To lose my life for Your sake; there’s no better reason,
for in losing I gain more and more.
My ‘self’ is diminished, You’re HOLY and TRUE,
as you make me peculiar, distinct.
I want the biggest thing about me to be only You,
as You become more, and I shrink.

Here’s The Word;

2 Corinthians 5:15 15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

In Him,
Cros

2 Comments:

Blogger culinarygnus said...

Washing the whites soaking, treating the stain. So that it has no blemish of what we have indulged in, from the past will show S.O.A.P Jesus removes Stains. Of All People if you let him. Great laundry lesson.

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Synthetic fabrics does hinder shrinkage. Let's equate this with worship. Worship hinders shrinkage as well. In order for us to grow and "shrink" in Him we must worship. First, Christians are "redeemed" people. By being redeemed, we are therefore "righteous". Now, we can come to a Holy God and worship. We cannot change that sequence, we can't not substitute it nor rationalize it. Redemption, righteousness, and worship. Then we will truly see shrinkage.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home