Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Prayer to God

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Prayer to God



I need you to help me
when times are hard
that I don’t lose faith
that I stay thankful Oh God.
Especially when you bless me
no prideful wink or nod,
that I not come off as arrogant
only thankful to you God.
Not blinded by life’s riches,
focused only on my pod,
help me to be a cheerful giver
as You provide for me God.
Help me to remember
the way that’s wide and broad
only leads me away from you
keep me close, my God.
I dare not trust my intellect
for its deceivingly flawed
Your Spirit & Word lead the way
to joy and peace in God.
As I encourage those in distress
help my empathy not seem odd
I too have been encouraged
and I am grateful to You God.
As the years come and go
and age wearies this bod
give me strength to carry on
and keep running to You God.
Help me to be about The Gospel
that my feet remain shod,
prepared to go wherever
You point the way Oh God.


Here's The Word:

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

In all sincerity, seek His face
lest you be found a fraud
His Christ bids "whosoever may come"
be reconciled to God.


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home