Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: You Were Worth the Wait

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

You Were Worth the Wait

It seems more and more often that the headlines are bringing tears to my eyes (really, real tears). And that wrenching sadness in my gut just screams what the Scriptures record in Revelation 22:20 “… Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.”

And there’s several verses that helps me see that its okay to feel disheartened about the state of the world today; “love not the world, neither the things that are in the world”1 John 2:15
as well as others. But the wind in my sails that makes me able to ‘occupy til He come’ is what Christ said in John 20:21 : ”Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.” and each day that we wake up still here on earth means something; Somebody who doesn’t know Christ is still worth the wait. Christ is still in the business of loving the unlovable, and through us He continues to ‘woo’ sinners to Himself.

Judgment is a horrible reality for those that die rejecting Christ and it’s inevitable….INEVITABLE. What if the end came 2 weeks before you accepted Christ?

You know why it didn’t?…you were worth the wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home