Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Love Songs

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Love Songs

Hello all,
There are several books in the Bible that just don’t seem to get as much ‘airplay’ as others. The book of Revelation being one of the chart toppers, and if you’re not part of a couples ministry, the Song of Solomon is also on that list. But wait, I’ve got good news……we won’t be covering Revelation today.
I’m a bit older now and I don’t listen to secular radio as much as I once did. But from my secluded opinion, there doesn’t seem to be as much in the way of Love Ballads anymore, at least not to the degree that I remember. Names like The Commodores, Luther Vandross, Stevie Wonder, Teena Marie, Anita Baker, etc. Seemed like back then everybody had a favorite 'slow jam' and romance was nice, not profane.
Gary Chapman wrote a book entitled “The Five Love Languages”. And it’s interesting to see the evidences of the love languages in ‘Song of Solomon’, The 5 are: Words of affirmation, Quality time, Gifts, Acts of service & Physical touch. These same elements you see in a good love ballad and are also evident in the Scriptures as a whole. We’re all different, but one language appeals to you more than the others…which is yours?
Affirming Words – Phil 1:3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.
Quality Time – Heb 13:5 …he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee
Gifts – Rom 6:23 the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Acts of Service – John 10:15 …and I lay down my life for the sheep.
Physical touch – After the Marriage of the Lamb one of our greatest truths:
1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is
Whichever your love language….God’s got a song for you.
Now get out there, learn some else's language and return the grace!

John 15:7 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Happy Valentine’s Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home