Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Skipping Rope

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Skipping Rope

Hello all,
There's a story in the Bible that scares most people who know about it; It's
Jesus telling these 'supposed' devout believers "Depart from me you workers of iniquity, I never knew you."
Reading this account in Matt 7:23 you have to realize, these guys must have missed something.
This is my point; We pray....right? In 1 Peter 3:7 the Word instructs
husbands how to deal with wives with the expressed consequence of 'that
your prayers be not hindered.' You'd have to be a bit naive to think that
only husbands can have their prayers hindered because of disobedience
in regards to how they treat their wives.
So what if you had issue with God the Son, stating "You said if I
asked anything in your Name, you would do it....I asked for
...blah....blah....and I never got an answer." His reply being...."I never
heard that prayer". Would you think to realize that maybe 'YOU' were the
reason your prayer wasn't heard and answered?
I covet prayers intently; and it seems that in this world if there was indeed a time to pray it's now: James 5:16(b) says 'The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.'
So I'm sure I've exhausted this thing. You can pray from sun up to sundown, but if you aren't considering the state of your own obedience, you might just as well be skipping rope.
It's not quantity....it's quality.

I love you all. Pray 'effectively' for me,
Cros