Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Surrounded

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Monday, January 15, 2018

Surrounded



I do enjoy writing but sometimes I feel like I’m pushing too hard or I’m lacking in gentleness. I’m keenly aware that it is the work of the Holy Spirit from the goodness of God and nothing else that draws men to repentance. It’s a wonderful reminder to me to take a step back and balance things out. I know that there’s nothing wrong with desiring GOOD for people and I will continue to speak on and encourage obedience but at the end of the day, it’s really that I desire GOD for people. Not just to see how ungrateful we can be, but how gracious and merciful He is.

Sometimes, I look around and my mind becomes confounded.
At a world lacking so much, yet true love has abounded.
In Your righteousness, Lord, keep me planted and grounded.
In the beauty of holiness, Lord, keep me surrounded.

Magnificent beyond measure and beauty unsurpassed.
All that is, simply spoken and burst forth in a flash!
And still in quiet tenderness, with gentle embrace.
Love warmly surrounding us, what a joy to seek your face!

How appropriate, a Shepherd, desiring good for His sheep.
That The Shepherd gave His very life, Oh! I can’t help but weep.
Sunshine days, and misty mornings, waters calm and still.
Silent nights and stars shine bright, according to Your will.

Such a wonderful grace, as You work out Your plan.
What’s been prepared hasn’t entered into the heart of man.
However, each day brings mercies, all shiny and new.
Rainbows and flowers owe their splendor to no one else but You.

And Oh! The beauty of a melody, sung softly on the wind.
That echoes on through times and seasons, continues without end.
The warmth of the Sun against my face, eyes just barely closed.
Visions of rapture burst on my sight, of depths nobody knows.

In the midst of our strivings, help us still be impressed.
Help us trade life’s frictions, for an occasional caress.
The chirpings and chatters and beasts great and small.
Realizing that their Maker is the Ruler of All.

You’ve set eternity in our hearts, it’s all beautiful in its time.
I long expectantly for the day when I’m Yours and You are mine.
That Day I’ll stand in joy unspeakable, amazed and astounded.
Thinking back over time to the very first instant, I became surrounded.

Here’s The Word:

Psalm 32:7 You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance. Selah

Psalm 42: 1 – 2 & 8 1-2 As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

8 Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home