Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: First

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

First



Is Christ just first,
Or does HE have preeminence?
Allow me your attention,
I’ll explain the significance.

If you see Him as first,
He’s a simple priority,
But if He’s preeminent
Then He’s also The Authority.

Some people watch their mouths,
Yet they slip on occasion
They’re trying to DO right,
But not LIVE under the Persuasion.

Christ is not religion...
Read your Bible, sometimes pray.
He’s the deeper motivation
For every moment of everyday.

He’s the reason why I’m silent.
He’s the reason why I talk.
I consider that He’s watching,
So I watch the way I walk.

No matter how complex things get,
And despite the Devil’s tricks.
I cast my cares and keep in mind
It’s me He’s trying to fix.

I never cast my Christ aside
When someone crosses me.
His loss, my gain. For me He died
And suffered at Calvary.

Every thought, therefore held captive
In obedience to my Savior.
So He’s not just a cross around my neck
He’s the crux of my behavior.

I know without Him, I'm not just dead,
I'm an enemy on the offence.
Nothing I can offer, except submission.
Nothing else makes sense.

So there’s nothing after, nothing before.
No alternate persuasion.
It’s Christ alone. Christ is all,
In every situation.

This type of view may seem unbalanced,
Yet, this is why our faith is athirst.
Priorities can sometimes push Him aside
If He’s not preeminent, just first.

Here's The Word:

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home