Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Bible

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Bible



I've probably said this before but I admit it, I'm the guy who beats dead horses. I write these blog posts for two reasons; The main reason, hope.
I write with hopes that somehow a post would raise someone's interest enough to ask a question or start a dialogue that would draw them closer to the true, transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The other reason is - simply because I enjoy writing. I find that it helps me improve my ability to express myself. I tend to try and encourage others to journal or write...it's therapeutic.

Even if you dismissed the idea of a trip to the library, I realize that there's literally tons more information available about the topics I write. That's why I try and keep my posts at under 5 minutes for the time it takes to read it. I think if someone has truly become interested, there's much more info available.
Then there are times where I feel like there's something important on my heart but for me to write it would feel like reinventing the wheel. At those times, I think it's best that I simply direct your attention to the better "wheel".

The authenticity and trustworthiness of the Bible is fundamental. Many people have disregarded the Christian religion altogether because they don't feel that there's a way to be absolutely sure about The Bible's contents. I understand. However, I need to admit: I don't believe in Christ because I believe The Bible, I believe The Bible because I believe in Christ.

Link to John MacArthur info on the Canonized Bible

Considering the volume of data available on the study of 'why are the books of The Bible in it?', this link above is a brief bit of info on the subject. It's worth reading if you're interested.

John MacArthur, Wayne Grudem, John Piper, EM Bounds and Francis Chan are my heroes. From solid doctrinal study and proper exegeses of The Scriptures, to prayer, to life issues of true Christianity, I consider them to be extremely well informed and enjoyable to learn from on their respective topics. If you ever find yourself wanting more...allow me to direct your attention.

Here's The Word:

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.

1 John 5:39 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me,

2 Peter 1:20 Knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone's own interpretation.

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home