Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: I Died

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I Died



My life was my own and I’d found my stride.
Until one day, broadside, Christ crashed into me.
I almost died

At first I’d resisted, just tried to tone down my pride.
But Christ kept showing me ME in ways that couldn't
be denied.

Every time I would stand, I would then start to slide.
“You’re using your own strength and not mine”,
He replied.

I really couldn’t understand, though His word clarified.
Something didn’t connect. I couldn’t get across
the divide

My head was engaged but my heart sat ring-side.
I could debate and talk churchy, yet full surrender remained
untried.

Until after so many failures and oh so many tries,
I wanted Christ to become MORE, now He helps my ME
subside.

Longing for meaning, I thought my eyes were open wide.
Didn’t realize my blindness until Christ came, and
I finally died.

He stretched forth His grace, when He was crucified.
Now I mortify my members, using the strength that
He provides.

Now I see things differently, I stay close and abide.
I know how hard “self” wants to resurface and
preside.

But in Christ I have strength, so in Christ I confide.
I put no confidence in the flesh that just wants to
backslide.

Life is all about Him and He will not be denied.
When all of this is over, As King, He'll stand...
Glorified.

T'was The Father’s purpose, to have Christ’s death applied.
So we could become His righteousness, seated
by His side.

In Him there is fullness, and fulfillment amplified
'Blessings all mine, with ten thousand
beside.'

Now I’m thankful and sober as I know deep inside.
Any and everything good about me began that day
I died.


Here's The Word:

Colossians 3:1 - 11 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience: In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.


Dead, yet living In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home