Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread



Matthew 6:11 Give us this day our daily bread.

God is so amazingly awesome! This portion of the disciples' prayer continues to become more and more rich to me.
As a child, I saw this in the simplest of ways: Just a prayer to God to provide daily physical nourishment. Now, as an adult, I don't think one conversation can possibly capture all the places my mind goes.

There is no other god but God - There are so many avenues we can pursue for daily sustainment. Our society is filled to bursting with various opportunities that entice us to fulfill selfish desires.
When my heart ponders this verse, it makes it personal that I will only look to Him for all my needs, forsaking all others. I no longer see 'Daily bread', as just food.

Here's the Word;

Matthew 7:9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? 10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

John 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

John 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Deuteronomy 8:2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

Psalm 37:25 I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Can you see how this is so much more than a petition for daily sustenance? I'd love to hear all the different aspects of God's personality and desires for intimacy with His people that can be gleaned from this Scripture.

I pray that you would begin to read God's Word and embark upon an adventure: Begin to ponder just how deep and wide such a seemingly simple idea can be. This is the kind of bread you can eat all day long, everyday.

In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home