Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Ponderings & Prayers

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Ponderings & Prayers



Lord, I’m thankful for the times I can sit.
To look out at my life and make sense of it.
My mind is quite feeble, yet Lord, you are True.
Life only makes sense, when life is in You.

At the end of it all, it’s just You and I.
That’s all that will matter once life passes by.
Help me with strength so my days are not wasted.
To not forfeit the race, or forget what your grace did.

I see You in Glory right next to The Father.
Providing new mercies to help me go farther.
In sincere anticipation for that glorious day,
When the distance between us, is vanished away.

So now, guide my choices and help me to love.
With a passion that provoked you to come from above.
To spend what I have in pursuit of their good,
To point them towards you, and do all I could.

This life is so short, what better a blessing,
Than truth clothed in love; than guessing and stressing.
There’s no other option, though we toil and slave.
And by no other name, by which man can be saved.

In the wee waking hours let my heart seek you first.
Fulfill ye my joy, and quench ye my thirst.
Let your love quicken my spirit, and truth be my guide,
As you abide in me, and in you, I abide.

Thank you for worship, for the song my heart sings.
There’s no amount of riches, no want for things.
Just the promises of closeness, eternally with You.
The promise of faith perfected and all things made new.

Here’s The Word:

Psalms 63:3 - 8 Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your right hand upholds me.


In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home