Only one adequate plan has ever appeared in the world, and that is the Christian dispensation.
John Jay - First US Supreme Court Chief Justice
Wednesday's Word: Wednesday's Word - What Are Words Worth?

Wednesday's Word

Welcome friends, feel free to look around, make comments and whatnot. I'll try and keep this thing updated with interesting pics, stories and other odds & ends. Feel free to criticize, but please share the 'truth in love'. No reason to be purposefully offensive. Enjoy!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday's Word - What Are Words Worth?

Hello All,

Here's an interesting thing I learned recently. Well, I guess I can't say I "just" leared it, but you ever have something really hit home due to a certain situation? Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I enjoy raising my children like anyone else, and I enjoy the lessons I learn as I deal with them. The same way I express and communicate with Wednesday's Word is the same thing I try and give to my children - and then it hit me:
I was talking to my son recently and the light bulb came on. I stopped talking. I said "Chip... You know, I thank God that He's blessed me to be a teacher. On occasion, I'm able to pull relationship from seeminly obscure things to make a point that I can only give God the Glory for. I can use examples that emote feelings of trepidation, or comparisons that inspire encouragement. But with all of that pontification, and all that I'm able to express; one thing remains certain"..."You have to decide that you will do your part." I've communicated enough for you to know that you are loved. Even when I'm trying to get you to try harder or to understand the idea of cause and effect. It's an interesting thing that so often, that's possibly what God is sharing with us. He has "said" so much in His Word. Poetic Psalms that touch us deeply. Comparitive studies on the differences between wisdom and folly. And sensational accountings of what's in store.
Here's the Word:

Jeremiah 10:23-24 O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life

Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Amazing that as we get older and more mature, The same Word continues to speak to and encourage us in as many different ways as there are personalities. But when all is said and done, we end up making it just another book; just someone's words that have no real impact if we fail to believe. In failing to believe, we fail to "make real" the power given to us to take these words and make a difference in our own lives and the lives of others. At the end of the day we have to choose what we will do. If not combined with the quickening power of The Holy Spirit in the lives of believers, What are these words worth?
 
In Him,
Cros

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home